TheLoveJunkee

Caught in a FAB Romance (@TheLoveJunkee)

Reaper's Stand by Joanna Wylde

Reaper's Stand - Joanna Wylde
PJ header

PJV Quickie: Joanna Wylde:  You made me smile, cringe, and cry.  I snuck in reading pages at work at sat in my car in the garage to finish reading Reaper's Stand. At this point in the series, I'm looking forward to continuing a long-term book-lationship with you and the rest of the characters in the Reaper's MC.

Review:

Reese "Picnic" Hayes is the President of the Reapers Motorcycle Club (MC).  His beloved wife died of cancer several years ago, leaving him with two daughters who are now grown up.  He's been getting his 'physical needs' met by whatever "club whore" catches his eye because he'll never replace his Old Lady.  He's got the new cleaning lady in his sights, though, and he can't stop thinking about her.  Problem is, he needs to stop thinking about her and concentrate on club matters because the Cartel is trying to move in on the Reaper's turf.

London Armstong is a strong, self-reliant woman who runs her own cleaning business. She also raised her drug-addicted cousin's 18yo daughter, Jessica.  When Jessica runs off to a Reapers MC party, London goes to see Picnic to try to get her out of the party. This puts London in the position of owing Picnic a favor, and he's going to take full advantage.

Life is not going to make things easy though, and when Jessica gets caught up in some real trouble, London panics and tries to handle it herself, with deadly consequences...

~~~~~

If you can't tell from my PJV Quickie, I loved Reaper's Stand, which is funny because I was not too excited about Picnic's book.  I don't know why his story didn't really appeal to me, but I can emphatically admit I was wrong, his story was sensational!    Ms. Wylde intertwines several storylines in a believable way that kept me reading ahead to see what was going to happen next.  The language is raw and the sex is graphic, but when I'm reading about an outlaw MC that's just the way I like it.

Picnic is not a pushover and there are some scenes that made me cringe, but if Ms. Wylde had written him any other way it wouldn't have been Picnic.  London also made some decisions I disagreed with, but once I remembered she wasn't used to relying on anyone else for help, they made a little more sense from her point of view.  Picnic and London are fabulous together, even more so because they really had to work for it.

I am happy to say that we get to revisit characters from previous books; there are changes, some major heartbreak, and hope. There are also several characters that I'm hoping will get their own stories - write faster, Ms. Wylde, write faster!!! (kiddingnotkidding)

Recommendations:

If you're a fan of MC romance and you haven't picked up this series yet: What are you waiting for? This is probably my favorite MC series out there, and it keeps getting better!

PJ new signature