TheLoveJunkee

Caught in a FAB Romance (@TheLoveJunkee)

The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire by Molly Harper

The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire - Molly Harper
PJ header

PJV Quickie: I'm pretty sure Molly Harper is my spirit animal.  Seriously, I want to be her when I grow up.  Or at least be as funny as she is.  The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire has us back in Half-Moon Hollow and I am absolutely thrilled to be back!

Review:

Gladiola "Gigi" Scanlon is Iris Scanlon's younger sister from The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires.  She's home from college and has a summer job working for the Vampire Council doing computer programming.  Gigi lives with Iris and Iris' husband, Cal, who are both vampires.  Actually, most of the friends in their circle are vampires. But Iris wants Gigi to live a normal human life...one that doesn't include dating a vampire. Problem is, the one guy she can't get off her mind happens to be a mysterious hot blonde vampire with whom she shared a searing kiss while she was home for Christmas break.  When he shows up again on her first night on the job and tries to attack her, she doesn't know what to think.

Nikolai "Nik" Dragomirov is an old friend of Cal's, as in, they go back a loooooong time, and is in Half-Moon Hollow doing some work for the Council and Cal.  He's surprised when Gigi identifies him as the vampire who attacked her outside of her job and also the vampire that kissed her over Christmas break, because he has no memory of either event.  While he's working for the Council, he's seeing a lot of Gigi, and he likes her. So why does he keep attacking her? And why can't he remember doing it?

~~~~~

Molly Harper writes such entertaining books; she hooked me at Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs and I've been a fan ever since.  In the Half-Moon Hollow series, we've got a different group as the main focus but all the characters from her Nice Girls series are here, and it's always fun to see how they're doing.

I had a lot of fun reading The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire; the characters are hilarious and the snark runs high.  Sometimes when I'm reading a book, I'll think "hurry up and get back to the good parts", but that didn't happen here:  the story transitions smoothly from Gigi's job, to her home life, to investigating why Nik is having blackouts.  I enjoyed hanging out with Gigi's co-workers and the characters from previous books, as well as reading alone-time with Nik and Gigi.  Seriously, there was no lag time here.  I would not recommend reading The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire anywhere where you need to be quiet, you're going to laugh out loud more than once. The next book, The Single Undead Moms Club, out in October, and I can't wait!

Recommendations:

If you like your paranormal romance sexy and funny, I highly recommend Molly Harper's books. If you're already a fan, don't miss this one.

PJ new signature