TheLoveJunkee

Caught in a FAB Romance (@TheLoveJunkee)

True Divide by Liora Blake

True Divide (The True Series Book 3) - Liora Blake

PJ header

PJV Quickie:  I have been a fan of this series from the first book,True North, and I'm sorry this is the last book in the True trilogy. Ms. Blake has taken me on a wonderful journey and ended the series with a strong story that pulled my heartstrings and left me with a teary-eyed smile and a happy sigh.

Review:
Lacey Mosley wants her happily ever after.  She knows she's in a rut in her tiny little hometown of Crowell, Montana, but doesn't know how to get out of the rut. Her sister has recently gotten married and had a baby and Lacey sees how happy they are and wants that for herself. But the closest thing she has to a love interest is her ex-boyfriend, the jerk-faced sheriff who doesn't know when to give up, and she's not touching him again with a 10-foot pole, or anything else for that matter.

Jake Holt didn't grow up in Crowell, he was dumped there as a teenager by his mother right before she took off for good.  He was the town bad-boy, and he was miserable, until the head cheerleader shows up at his secret thinking spot one night. He and Lacey were opposites, for sure, but their attraction to each other was electric. She was the only thing he regretted leaving when he left town immediately after graduation.

10 years later, Jake is back in Crowell dropping off Lacey's rock-star brother-in-law. Jake's seen and done a lot in the last 10 years and now he's a pilot.  He's led an exciting life away from Crowell, but one look at Lacey and he feels like he's come home. But Lacey still lives in the house she grew up in, and has worked down the street at the Beauty Barn her whole life. He doesn't know if he can convince Lacey to leave the only home she's ever known, but he knows he can't go back - the only good memory he has of Crowell is Lacey, and he doesn't know if that's enough.

~~~~~~~

I wasn't sure I was going to like Lacey - from the previous books, she seemed kind of bitchy. But Liora Blake seems to have a knack for taking what appears to be an unlikable heroine and making them sympathetic and appealing. We learned a lot about Lacey and her sister's relationship from Lacey's side and as a result I genuinely liked Lacey and wanted her to have her Happily Ever After. I could relate to her character far more than I'd like to admit and felt like I was in the book with Lacey, being taken along for the ride:  good decisions, bad decisions, excitement and sadness, I was on that roller coaster with her.

Jake was absolutely charming - no Alpha-hole here. He was a genuinely good guy and his personality was sexy as hell (his physical description didn't hurt either *winks*). He genuinely liked Lacey and wasn't afraid to show it. I loved their long distance e-mails and phone calls, and that he wasn't afraid to tell Lacey what he was thinking.

In case you can't tell, I really, really liked True Divide.  I'm going to let you in on a little secret:  True Divide made me cry. Yes, it did! Not over Jake, but over Lacey's relationship with a secondary character that was so sweet and sad. I love when a book gets to me like that.

It appears this is the final book in the True trilogy. I really hope Ms. Blake has something else planned because I have enjoyed this trilogy from start to finish and would like to read more of her work. Each of the books can be read as a stand-alone, but I'm warning you now that once you read one you'll want to read the rest.

Recommendation:
If you like second-chance romance, this book is definitely for you. Fans of long-distance lovers and small town romance should also give True Divide a read. I think True Divide will appeal to fans of Jill Shalvis or Shannon Stacey.

PJ new signature