TheLoveJunkee

Caught in a FAB Romance (@TheLoveJunkee)

Missing Dixie by Caisey Quinn

Missing Dixie: A Neon Dreams Novel - Caisey Quinn

PJ header

PJV Quickie:As soon as I finished Leaving Amarillo and Loving Dallas, I could not wait to get my hands on Missing Dixie. I am happy to report it was worth the wait - Missing Dixie is a fabulous ending to this compulsively readable New Adult trilogy.

Review:

We first met Dixie Lark and Gavin Garrison in Leaving Amarillo, and I fell in love with this tough-as-nails heroine and the broken man she had been secretly lusting over for longer than she'd care to admit.  Dixie wants Gavin but she's not willing to play games, and he's asked her to wait while he "works stuff out".  When she sees him at a bar with a good-looking blonde, she wonders what the hell she's waiting for.

What Dixie doesn't know is that Gavin really is back in town to wrap up past mistakes and make himself worthy of Dixie's love. But there are some things he can't shake off and he's stuck in a vicious cycle that he's been trying to manage by himself for too long.

~~~~~~~

At the end of Leaving Amarillo, I was so frustrated with Dixie and Gavin's relationship status! I didn't want to wait for resolution, I wanted it NOWWWWW! Then I read the second book, Dixie's brother Dallas' story, and enjoyed it so much I was willing to give the author a break and wait (sort of) patiently for Missing Dixie.

Caisey Quinn has given these characters an amazing story and I'm glad I took the journey. The growth between Dixie and Gavin from Book 1 to Book 3 has been entertaining and uplifting. At the risk of using the over-used phrase "a feel good story", it really was. From Dixie's music foundation for underprivileged children to Gavin's determination to overcome his childhood demons, I felt like I was seeing a side of the characters that I didn't know I wanted.  Don't get me wrong, there are some serious issues addressed in Missing Dixie, and while real life does not always have a fairytale ending, I love the way things played out in the book.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and am looking forward to whatever Ms. Quinn is working on next.  In the meantime, it looks like she has an interesting backlist that I will be checking out.

Recommendation:
Fans of rock-star romance, New Adult, and romance in a small town should definitely check out this series.  While I think Missing Dixie can probably be read as a stand-alone, I recommend reading the entire series in order. If you haven't tried New Adult before, this would be a good introduction to the genre. Fans of Liora Blake's True series or Nalini Singh's Rock Kiss series might want to give the Neon Dreams series a read.

PJ new signature