TheLoveJunkee

Caught in a FAB Romance (@TheLoveJunkee)

SPOILER ALERT!
Who He Is (FireNine #1) - S. Q. Williams

I'm left wondering if I read the same book as everyone else? This pretty much read as a "how to be a doormat and let a hot guy string you along" story.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Gage is a guitarist in an up-and-coming rock band. Eliza is the band manager's daughter. Dad talks her into going on tour with the band so she can live a little.

The "hero" was awful - Gage is a grade-A jerk. He's a man-slut who constantly cheats on his girlfriend, and he's hitting all over Eliza. She's attracted to him (for the life of me I can't figure out why) and even though she says no he keeps telling her yes. When they decide to get together, HE'S STILL GOT A GIRLFRIEND. The reason Gage won't break up with the GF is ridiculous and Gage and Eliza are planning to be together all the while knowing Gage has a GF he "can't get rid of", and then Eliza is surprised when he leaves her to spend time with the GF.

Eliza's dad was pushing this relationship with only nuggets like "watch out for your heart", meanwhile his sort-of boyfriend is beating the stuffing out of one of the bandmembers.

I forced myself to finish this, hoping that it would somehow redeem itself at the end. I will not be continuing this trilogy.