TheLoveJunkee

Caught in a FAB Romance (@TheLoveJunkee)

Cream of the Crop by Alice Clayton

Cream of the Crop (The Hudson Valley Series Book 2) - Alice Clayton

PJ header

PJV Quickie: I love Alice Clayton's funny, sexy writing style and that style shines in Cream of the Crop.  I really enjoyed this "city girl meets country boy" romance!

Natalie Grayson lives and loves life in Manhattan - she's a city girl through and through. As an ad executive, she stays busy and in her off time she dates, eats, and enjoys life.  When she gets the chance to work on an ad campaign for a nearby town upstate, she jumps on it - her best friend lives there, and so does the hot brie guy at the local farmer's market.

Oscar Mendoza owns Bailey Falls Creamery, and he's definitely noticed the buxom beauty that sashays across the farmer's market every Saturday morning. The last thing he expects though, is to find her at his farm in Bailey Falls, terrifying his cows.

Sparks fly immediately, but can the heat survive their different lifestyles, an ever-present ex-wife, and hurts from past relationships?

~~~~~

Usually, when I read a romance novel, I fall in love with the hero and enjoy the heroine.  I think in this case, I've fallen in love with the heroine and enjoyed the hero.  In the character of Natalie, Alice Clayton has written someone that I really liked reading - her past as an overweight female, her feelings of not being good enough, are relatable. The fact that she was able to overcome a bad situation and turn it around to become as successful and confident as she is ranks her right up there with all the "kick ass" heroines in my book.  For me, Oscar wasn't really the focal point in the story, which is kind of a change for me.  I liked him, I was frustrated by him, but most of my attention was focused on Natalie.  I will say that Natalie and Oscar had a hot, sweaty, dirty sexy relationship, but the sweet didn't come in until near the end, and it was worth the wait.

This is the second book in the series but I think it works well as a stand-alone.  I was happy to see characters from the first book, Nuts, and I do recommend you read Nuts if you love funny sexy reads, but if you somehow obtained a copy of Cream of the Crop without reading Nuts you'll be fine.

Lastly...Darn you Alice Clayton - this is the second time you've made me want to pack up all my stuff and move to a small town in New York!  I'm afraid that after reading the next book I may actually rent a U-haul!

PJ new signature