TheLoveJunkee

Caught in a FAB Romance (@TheLoveJunkee)

Dishing Books (and a giveaway!)

Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/61508583@N02/

Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/61508583@N02/

Dishing  Junk  Books

Happy Summer y'all!!  Rachel is on vacation this week, so I'm sneaking over from my regular weekend post to take over the blog talk about the vacation reads I'm looking forward to most this summer.   Since I did part of my vacation earlier in May (RT convention), I don't have any big vacation plans but am going on a few extended-weekend trips over the summer months.  I always try to get some book time in when I'm on vacay... and there are some AMAZING reads coming up in July and August.  Here are 10 books that I'm looking forward to most (in no particular order):

(links through book covers are amazon affiliate links)

Isla

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (Anna and the French Kiss #3) August 14, 2014/Dutton Children's

From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always forever.
Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and Étienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new.

Oh how I've been waiting for this one - I'll be fighting my 13-year-old daughter over who gets to read it first.  I absolutely loved Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door, and Isla has been on my wishlist since I turned the last page of Lola.

The Best Kind of Trouble

The Best Kind of Trouble by Lauren Dane (Hurley Boys #1) August 26, 2014/Harlequin HQN

She has complete control…and he's determined to take it away
A librarian in the small town of Hood River, Natalie Clayton's world is very nearly perfect. After a turbulent childhood and her once-wild ways, life is now under control. But trouble has a way of turning up unexpectedly—especially in the tall, charismatically sexy form of Paddy Hurley….
  And Paddy is the kind of trouble that Natalie has a taste for.
Even after years of the rock and roll lifestyle, Paddy never forgot the two wickedly hot weeks he once shared with Natalie. Now he wants more… even if it means tempting Natalie and her iron-grip control. But there's a fine line between well-behaved and misbehaved—and the only compromise is between the sheets!

Lauren Dane is one of my favorite authors and I adore her Brown Siblings series - I am so excited she's doing a spin-off series featuring the Hurley Boys!

Silver ShadowsSilver Shadows by Richelle Mead (Bloodlines #5) July 29, 2014/Razorbill

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.
In The Fiery Heart, Sydney risked everything to follow her gut, walking a dangerous line to keep her feelings hidden from the Alchemists.   Now in the aftermath of an event that ripped their world apart, Sydney and Adrian struggle to pick up the pieces and find their way back to each other. But first, they have to survive.
For Sydney, trapped and surrounded by adversaries, life becomes a daily struggle to hold on to her identity and the memories of those she loves.
Meanwhile, Adrian clings to hope in the face of those who tell him Sydney is a lost cause, but the battle proves daunting as old demons and new temptations begin to seize hold of him. . .
Their worst fears now a chilling reality, Sydney and Adrian face their darkest hour in this heart-pounding fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where all bets are off.

This is one of my favorite YA Paranormal series; I actually like the Bloodlines series better than the Vampire Academy series! My husband has just glommed all of the VA/Bloodlines books over the last month so I'll probably be fighting him off to read this one!

Looking for Trouble

Looking for Trouble by Victoria Dahl (Girls' Night Out #1) July 29, 2014/Harlequin HQN

A good reason to be bad...
Librarian Sophie Heyer has walked the straight and narrow her entire life to avoid paying for her mother's mistakes. But in tiny Jackson Hole, Wyoming, juicy gossip just doesn't go away, so the last thing she needs is for history to repeat itself. Falling hard for the sexiest biker who's ever rode into town would undo everything she's worked for. And to add insult to injury, the sexy stranger is none other than Alex Bishop--the son of the man her mother abandoned Sophie's family for. He may be temptation on wheels, but Sophie's not looking for trouble!
Maybe Sophie's buttoned-up facade fools some, but Alex knows a naughty smile when he sees one. Despite their parents' checkered pasts, he's willing to take some risks to find out the truth about the town librarian. He figures a little fling might be just the ticket to get his mind off of family drama. But what he finds underneath Sophie's prim demeanor might change his world in ways he never expected.

I am a huge Victoria Dahl fan (she has the best twitter feed evah!) and I've been looking forward to getting my Victoria Dahl fix.  I was so bummed I missed her at RT14.

What I Love About You

What I Love About You by Rachel Gibson (Truly, Idaho #3) August 26, 2014/Avon

New York Times bestselling author Rachel Gibson returns to Truly, Idaho, and to the fate of sexy SEAL Blake Junger
GIMMEE A B-R-E-A-K!
Ex-high school cheerleader Natalie Cooper could once shake her pom-poms with the best of them. But she's paid for all that popularity—her husband's run off with what's left of their money and a twenty-year-old bimbo named Tiffany. Leaving Natalie to manage a photo store and having to see some pictures she, well, really shouldn't.
  GIMMEE A S-H-O-T!
Then she comes toe-to-manly chest with Blake Junger. Exiled to a remote cabin in Truly, Idaho, Blake wants nothing to do with anyone. Instead, he's determined to struggle with his demons and win—all on his own. But the last thing he needs is Natalie distracting him with her luscious curves and breaking down the barriers of his heart.
GIMMEE YOUR H-E-A-R-T!

Rachel Gibson is an auto-buy author for me - I just adore her quirky characters and the stories she tells.  I have several of her books on my "keeper shelf" and look forward to every new release.

Blood Games

Blood Games by Chloe Neill (Chicagoland Vampires #10) August 5, 2014/NAL

While Merit didn’t choose to become a vampire or Sentinel of Cadogan House, she vowed to fight for her House and its Master, and she’s managed to forge strong alliances with powerful supernaturals across Chicago. But even though Merit has had wild adventures, this may be her deadliest yet...
A killer is stalking Chicago, preying on humans and leaving his victims with magical souvenirs. The CPD hasn’t been able to track the assailant, and as the body count rises, the city is running out of options. Vampires and humans aren’t on great terms, but murder makes for strange bedfellows. Can Merit find the killer before she becomes a target?

I love this series and can't get enough of Merit and Ethan and the gang.  I know that some readers gave up on this series after a certain incident *ahem*, but I've stuck with it and can't wait to find out what's happening next.

Falling for Max

Falling For Max by Shannon Stacey (Kowalski Family #9) July 29, 2014/Carina Press

Max Crawford has reached the point in life where he's starting to think about settling down. Unfortunately, he's always been a little awkward when it comes to social interactions, and working from home doesn't help. He spends so much time alone, painting beautiful, historically accurate model trains that half of Whitford has begun to joke that he may be a serial killer. Not exactly prime husband material.
Tori Burns has found happiness in Maine, thanks in large part to her shifts at the Trailside Diner. She likes the work, and she loves the local gossip. When shy, geeky Max Crawford becomes a regular, she's intrigued. When she finds out he's in the market for a wife, she's fascinated…and determined to help.
Molding Max into every woman's dream turns out to be much easier than expected. But has Tori's plan worked a little too well? As she turns his comfortable life all sorts of upside down, she'll have to find a way to show just how she's fallen for him…the real him.

Shannon Stacey's Kowalski Family series is an auto-buy series for me and I have enjoyed every single book.  I feel like I know the Kowalskis as well as I know my own family!

The Saint

The Saint by Tiffany Reisz (Original Sinners: White Years #1) July 1, 2014/Harlequin MIRA

In the beginning, there was him.
Gutsy, green-eyed Eleanor never met a rule she didn't want to break. She's sick of her mother's zealotry and the confines of Catholic school, and declares she'll never go to church again. But her first glimpse of beautiful, magnetic Father Søren Stearns and his lust-worthy Italian motorcycle is an epiphany. Suddenly, daily Mass seems like a reward, and her punishment is the ache she feels when they're apart.
He is intelligent and insightful and he seems to know her intimately at her very core. Eleanor is consumed—and even she knows that can't be right.   But when one desperate mistake nearly costs Eleanor everything, it is Søren who steps in to save her. She vows to repay him with complete obedience…and a whole world opens before her as he reveals to her his deepest secrets. Danger can be managed—pain, welcomed. Everything is about to begin.

Tiffany Reisz's Original Sinners books are so. freakin. good.  Brilliant, sexy, visceral and a little a lot naughty.  I need to get my Nora/Soren on!

Lead

Lead by Kylie Scott (Stage Dive #3) July 29, 2014/St. Martin's Griffin

As the lead singer of Stage Dive, Jimmy is used to getting whatever he wants, whenever he wants it, whether it's booze, drugs, or women. However, when a PR disaster serves as a wake-up call about his life and lands him in rehab, he finds himself with Lena, a new assistant to keep him out of trouble.
Lena's not willing to take any crap from the sexy rocker and is determined to keep their relationship completely professional, despite their sizzling chemistry. But when Jimmy pushes her too far and Lena leaves, he realizes that he may just have lost the best thing that ever happened to him.

Kylie Scott was one of my new favorite authors of 2013 and her Stage Dive series is one of the reasons she made that list- this series is so hot y'all!  I can't wait to get back into this series.

Ashes

The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost (Broken Destiny #1) August 26, 2014/Harlequin HQN

In a world of shadows, anything is possible. Except escaping your fate.   Ever since she was a child, Ivy has been gripped by visions of strange realms just beyond her own. But when her sister goes missing, Ivy discovers the truth is far worse—her hallucinations are real, and her sister is trapped in a parallel realm. And the one person who believes her is the dangerously attractive guy who's bound by an ancient legacy to betray her.
Adrian might have turned his back on those who raised him, but that doesn't mean he can change his fate…no matter how strong a pull he feels toward Ivy. Together they search for the powerful relic that can save her sister, but Adrian knows what Ivy doesn't: that every step brings Ivy closer to the truth about her own destiny, and a war that could doom the world. Sooner or later, it will be Ivy on one side and Adrian on the other. And nothing but ashes in between…

This is one of my most anticipated reads of the summer - I am a huge Jeaniene Frost fan and, while I love Cat and Bones, I adore Vlad and Leila from her Knight Prince series.  Now she's doing a YA series?  I'm in!!!

Young Adult Paranormal RomanceYoung Adult Paranormal RomanceYoung Adult Paranormal Romance

What books are you bringing on vacation this summer?

What are you looking forward to most?

PJ new signature

The Giveaway: I put together a few books that I thought would be great summer reads to share with you:

PJV Giveaway