TheLoveJunkee

Caught in a FAB Romance (@TheLoveJunkee)

Falling for Max Blog Tour

PJ header

I am so excited to be part of the blog tour for Shannon Stacey's latest Kowalski Family book, Falling for Max!  I absolutely adore this series - she writes such great characters and her stories are so much fun, and after you've read a few of her books it's like coming back and visiting family.

One of the things I love about Shannon Stacey's books is that her characters feel like real people and do goofy stuff that real people do.  I'm going to share a quote from the very first page of the book, and then tell you the story of 'How I Met My Husband' - no, really - because it's so similar (and adorable!):

On the first day of each month, Max Crawford made it a habit to compile a list of everything he wanted or needed to accomplish that month. Without a list, he tended to immerse himself in work and then wonder why he was out of mouthwash and the car payment was overdue.

As the calendar ticked over to October, he catalogued which projects he was working on and their due dates. He noted there were two birthdays on his calendar, which meant shopping for and sending gifts to his mother and niece. The furnace needed its annual check up. And he wanted to find a wife.

After a moment of deliberation, he drew a line through the last item. Then he wrote find a girlfriend.

On a separate sheet of paper, he jotted down a list of work supplies he needed to replenish. It took a while, as he had a tendency to jot down the items running low on any scrap of paper near his workstation, including the occasional napkin. Another sheet of paper for the monthly grocery order he'd place online.

Flipping back to the original paper, he amended his list again. Marking out find a girlfriend, he replaced it with four simple words. Go on a date.

He should probably start small.

Cute, right? So here's my story... I met my husband while we were in High School.  I thought he was a #badboy and was actively avoiding him (because I was a #goodgirl), but my friend and I ran into him and his friends at a Mardi Gras parade. I thought his friend was cute (I know, right?), so I started dating the friend.  Fast forward a few weeks and the friend is old news and I've set my sights on the hubs.  We've been dating a while at this point (I think I dated the friend for all of a week) and I'm in his room, and it's sooo messy (little did I know that would NEVER change) and he's looking for something and I'm helping.  And then I stumble across this little gem: post-it

(Obviously, this is a re-creation and not the original.)

THAT'S MY PHONE NUMBER!!!  And did he...cross out the word "potential"? I was a note stuck on his "to-do" list?  Once I got over my annoyance (it was funny), I forgave him and we dated throughout high school and got married 4 years later. Yesterday (August 1) was our 22nd wedding anniversary.  So, yeah, I might have a soft spot for Max and his lists...

Young Adult Paranormal RomanceYoung Adult Paranormal RomanceYoung Adult Paranormal Romance

Carina Press has been generous enough to offer a copy of the lastest Kowalski Family book, Falling for Max, to a lucky US reader. Enter via Rafflecopter below.

PJ new signature

a Rafflecopter giveaway

ShannonStaceySHANNON STACEY is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who lives with her husband and two sons in New England. Her two favorite activities are writing stories of happily ever after and riding her four-wheeler. From May to November, the Stacey family spends their weekends on their ATVs, making loads of muddy laundry to keep Shannon busy when she's not at her computer. She prefers writing to laundry, however, and considers herself lucky she got to be an author when she grew up. You can contact Shannon through her website, shannonstacey.com, where she maintains an almost daily blog, or visit her on Twitter at @shannonstacey.

Source: http://www.parajunkee.com/2014/07/31/falling-for-max-by-shannon-stacey-blog-tour-and-giveaway