TheLoveJunkee

Caught in a FAB Romance (@TheLoveJunkee)

Looking for Trouble by Victoria Dahl

PJ header

PJV Quickie: I love stories with librarian heroines!  It's been a while since I read a Victoria Dahl book, and after finishing Looking for Trouble I'm wondering why it's been so long - I really enjoy spending time in the worlds she creates.

Review: This story was sweet and hot and sad and wonderful. Victoria Dahl has a way of writing that drags your emotions through the mud and leaves you begging “Again!” I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked both the hero and heroine. The tragedy that changed their lives 25 years ago has suddenly become hot news again. Alex has come back, reluctantly, but plans to leave ASAP. Sophie wants a night of hot sex so she can forget what her life is like, but even as she realizes who Alex is, she can’t resist the opportunity to take what she wants, even it it’s only temporary.

Victoria Dahl takes a storyline that should be depressing and injects hope and love where before there had only been hurt and resignation. These two shouldn’t have been right together, but their chemistry was so good. Their romance was slow and sexy and full of wanting; I loved it. The conflict was well-written and kept my emotions raw (but in such a good way!). The rich characters and gossip gave Looking for Trouble a small-town feel that semed realistic and made me laugh but also broke my heart – there are no perfect people here, instead we get these amazingly flawed characters who sometimes make mistakes.

Recommendations: If you like small-town romance and complex characters, I wholeheartedly recommend Looking for Trouble.  If you're a fan of Jill Shalvis and Shannon Stacey, you will probably enjoy Victoria Dahl's books too.

PJ new signature