TheLoveJunkee

Caught in a FAB Romance (@TheLoveJunkee)

Better Homes and Hauntings by Molly Harper

PJ header

PJV Quickie: Molly Harper has this wonderful, almost-but-not-quite over-the-top way of writing that always makes me smile. Always.  Better Homes and Hauntings continues the trend of me wishing I was besties with her characters, in spite of, or maybe because of, the crazy situations they manage to get themselves into.

Review:

Take one gardener, one billionaire computer nerd, an angry ex, a vengeful ghost, and an abandoned mansion, mix them together with Molly Harper's signature humor, and what you get is an entertaining ghost-story with a twist.  The ghost-story aspect of Better Homes and Hauntings was surprisingly spooky - it wasn't as light as I had expected and it was genuinely creepy. Molly Harper's signature humor shines through and the hero and heroine were so nerdy and awkward that their slow-moving relationship was adorable. The secondary characters are fabulous; my understanding is that this is a stand-alone but I would really love to see another story featuring the cousin.

Recommendations:

If you're already a Molly Harper fan - you know you're going to love it. Fans of quirky paranormal romance will love Better Homes and Hauntings - even though there are no vampires or werewolves, this "ghost story with a twist" will keep you laughing (and a bit creeped out) until the end.

PJ new signature