TheLoveJunkee

Caught in a FAB Romance (@TheLoveJunkee)

Damaged and the Beast by Bijou Hunter

Damaged and the Beast - Bijou Hunter

I read a review of Damaged and the Bulldog at Dear Author and since Damaged and the Beast (the first book in the series) was free, I went ahead and downloaded it.

I shouldn't have liked this book as much as I did - the hero is overly possessive (he beats up some guy for talking to the heroine), the plot is thin, and the mob connection seems implausible, yet I couldn't put it down.  "Compulsively Readable" is the phrase that keeps running through my head. I liked Farrah (even if her name makes me think of that reality show star) and I wanted her to have an HEA. With Cooper. Even though he's possessive and obnoxious, he's willing to work through Farrah's issues - and they are BIG issues.

I can tell already I'm going to glom this series. Damnit!